View Single Post
Old 08-01-2003, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Cristian
I think the music was pretty much homogeneous in that transition, so when you listen to the albums by order of releasing you don't get too much of a difference between the previous one and the next one...

Really good point! From album to album, there's always been some point of "crossover".

From Then Play On to Kiln House:
Despite being without Peter Green, "Station Man" & "Tell Me All The Things You Do" are similar in feel to TPO. And Jeremy's parodies draw from earlier album ideas and their live show. "Jewel-Eyed Judy" and the single "Dragonfly"/"Purple Dancer" hint at what's to come on Future Games

From Kiln House to Future Games:
"Sands Of Time" & "Sometimes" draw from some KH ideas, "Woman Of A 1000 Years" stands on its own here; but even with new members with Christine McVie & Bob Welch, "Morning Rain" would've fit on KH, as would've "Lay It All Down". Welch's title cut and Christine's aforementioned "Show Me A Smile" was a precursor to the sound of the band further down the road and not necessarily the next album.

With Bare Trees having the same lineup as Future Games similar, yet more refined ideas are presented.

From Bare Trees to Penguin:
Here's the biggest "jump", I think.
1) the "Dave Walker mistake"
2) Welch's sound drew more from FG than BT, yet seemed to show more forethought than a drawing from the past
3) Christine's songwriting is getting more refined here. "Dissatisfied" & "Remember Me" are precursors to a much future time...more along the Rumours type sound.

From Penguin to Mystery To Me:
More refining of their sound since Dave Walker was now out of the way and Welch & CMcVie wrote for themselves than for someone else. THIS really should've been their "breakthrough" album...thanks Mr. Weston & Mrs. Fleetwood.

{time for a break} I'll come back in a while and finish this idea.