View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
Yeah, I got some. The legs/resistance mostly comes in from doing various squats while using the bands. But various squats are hard enough without the bands, so you could do that. There's the leg in front kind (not to hard, but great for the butt) then the legs side by side (hella hard, and easy to have improper form). For an alternate to legs side by side, you can do wall sits, which are hella hard as well. 90 degree angle with your legs, and just stand there with your back against the wall. A minute is hard. Then you can do calf raises, which is just up on your toes, and down, for a certain number of times, however many sets each. I like to hold my hand weights when I do calf raises, bands might be good, too. Also, I got my hand weights for 10 at Walgreen's, if you hit a cheap store you might be able to find some.
ok sweet . i'll have to try these. i actually have a pair of 8 lb. weights, which are good for me for delt exercises, but not for biceps or triceps or anything else. and actually, i was doing calf raises w/ the bands earlier, just to try it out, and it worked pretty well.

now i'm sad because i have to ride my bike a lot tomorrow, and it's supposed to thunderstorm all day.