View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The thing is, she's not keeping FM from doing an album. They are stupid for waiting for her. It's been clear to me that she didn't want to do an album since March and she obviously told the band that before March.

They knew she wouldn't agree to an album. They knew she wasn't being silent about her plans because she assumed everyone knew she was on board or because she was shy and quiet by nature and doesn't like to talk about herself.

There's been a stand off and they should have just gone ahead and recorded an album. What are they waiting for? Either she wouldn't have been on the album or it would be one of those "leave them alone and they'll come home, wagging their tails behind them" kind of deals and she would have joined them at the last minute. But them doing nothing was and is unacceptable. You don't sit around and wait indefinitely when you are seventy years old.

Stevie has said they thought that Christine would change her mind about leaving and that they actually put off SYW for awhile hoping that would be the case. Well, it didn't happen then and there's no room for a similar delay 10 years later, hoping Stevie will change her mind now. They should put out an album and if she wants to record with them in 2017, then that could be the band's swan song, all 5 together. But the idea that if there's no Stevie there's no album right now is outrageous.

Obviously, I wouldn't expect them to tour without her, because they need her for money. But that's not the case with an album. Indeed, her not being on the album would give them something different to talk about in interviews promoting the thing and, for good or bad, could be a focus of the record reviews.

The new thing Mick has been saying about Lindsey releasing a solo album is maddening. Christine and Lindseys' songs need to be released. Together.

Michele
How about two solo albums from Chris and Lindsey. Tour as a double bill. Special guests Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Rick Vito...

They both have many albums to choose from in their set lists.