View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 05:07 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
You can have parallel narratives… show FM with PG and what's going on with them, and in alternating scenes show what's going on in San Francisco with this band Fritz and their two members who break away and move to LA as a duo and their failed record etc… show what FM was doing in, say, 1971 and show what BN was doing in 1971 and the series of events and decisions along these two paths over a few years that inevitably lead to those paths crossing in late 1974 at Sound City.
That could work, but I would still argue that you would need to have them meet at the end of the first episode. Look, I'm as big a fan of the pre-BN stuff as anyone, and any director and writer worth their salt would make it so that it was Mick and John who were the two 'anchors' of any story.
However, I'm just being realistic here. It would probably be made to appeal to the common denominator - who are the two people in the band most people (not us) care about? Stevie and Lindsey. Any movie or telly show that was going to ever get off the ground would have that pair as the two leads. It sucks, but what can you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum
Or would that be too cheesy?
Yes!