View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Message from Wendy Welch (re: BW RRHOF induction)

Hey folks,

For those who haven't followed the Bob Welch on Facebook stuff, Wendy, Bob's widow, is posting as Bob on Facebook, primarily to spread news that he is gone and is also part of a group called "Let's Get Bob Welch Inducted Into The Rock&Roll Hall of Fame."

http://www.facebook.com/groups/BobWe.../BobWelch.HOF/

The precusor to Wendy's post was this:
Pixie Gee:
Quote:
A note worth reading and considering from Jimmy:

Jimmy · Friends with John Mcvie and 2 others

I have said this before , RRHF, has not , will not , ever accept , a petition , as reasoning to get inducted into the RRHF ... WHY you are asking yourselves ? Then the whole reason for the RRHF could be corrupted and bands or artists could "buy" their way in to it , which would make it completely useless ... It's not operated as a democratic entity , it's a private organization that operates by it's own rules and guide lines ... The invite was sent to the leader of the band and that person in turn replied to them with a list of who would be attending ... that's how it works , so you can not appeal to RRHF you must appeal to the band ... The "Mob Rules Plan" will never get the "Mac" to set around the table and to work this thing out , trust me on this ...
Bob Welch:
Quote:
att: Welch Warriors, I think we should all listen to Pixie Gee. The petition is stilll important to go viral. But we must now contact all members of Fleetwood Mac in anyway we can. Pull out all punches and get to any and every Fleetwood Mac member every way we can think of. This is the only thing we can do for Bob and his memory, and as you know he deserved it then and he deserves it now. His fans have proven it. This space has had over 1 1/2 million hits since he died. You all must know some way you can help to reach just one of their sites or them peronally if not all of them this will make a difference. Look up their names and post all your comments that you may have on all their sites. Thank you.<3Wendy.
The link to the comment thread from above is here:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/BobWe...6670555050145/

Hopefully everyone has signed the petition and will support Wendy and friends (including myself) to achieve this goal, and if anyone is friends with BN, the Mac's, or Fleetwood himself they will persuade them a bit.