View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I thought it was great fun. It starts slow; as I noted earlier the acoustic opening really starts the show on a slow note... and a lot of people don't know Shut Us Down or Wish You Were Here to be totally blunt. Trouble is recognizable and then of course Never Going Back Again. That's 3 LB songs and 1 Christine and I don't think that's quite fair..... Love Will Show Us How was her single off her first solo album and did well, and Lindsey was on Who's Dreaming This Dream which if they wanted a slower tempo Chris solo song (LWSUH is rather upbeat and bouncy) that would work in that opening section too.......

Once they get through those first 4 songs the show has a nice momentum and rocks!

So I would highly recommend it as a nice way to see the two of them doing stuff you won't see at a FM show. I was lucky the audience in Seattle had really good energy (maybe all the wine!) and I could see where an audience that stays seated and quiet could really kill the buzz.

I haven't gone to a band tour since Chris left and didn't see them yet since she's come back. I'm not such a fan of large arena shows (crowds) as I used to be so for me seeing BuckVie in a smaller venue was perfect. And it was outside which was even better. I like the venues Lindsey plays solo as well. I've seen shows at 3 of his solo tours in the last ten years; I've seen multiple Stevie shows but honestly not since the 90s. Getting older I guess; when I was in my 20s and 30s I was at concerts almost every month.

The band is excellent (BuckVie band) and if you've seen Lindsey solo he's got that same type of energy here (at least in Seattle.... elle indicates maybe he was far more serious earlier in the tour. maybe he and Chris got into the wine at the winery before the show too!!) Plenty of rocking energy after those first few songs. ....

What do other people who've gone to shows think??

Ok, you sold me!!! I've never seen Chris or Lindsey solo or as a duet, so this will definitely be a new experience for me. I like the cheaper tickets factor as well as opposed to a full on FM concert.

Glad you had a great time at the concert!