View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Yes, you are right, and I liked the LDR conversation very much as well. I haven't totally made up my mind about Ken. I haven't met him. I did read his book, and I appreciated his perspective. I have read a lot of books on the band, and Ken was sort of an outsider, so it was interesting to get his up-close take on the band. The same with Carol Ann Harris. I suppose they all have their axes to grind, but somewhere, looking at all that is written, we probably have a glimpse of what actually goes on within this band. It was also interesting to hear what Ken had to say about Christine McVie--that he worked on her last album, "In The Meantime," and that she was willing to be a part of an interview on the book--but then backed out, after hearing Lindsey might write his own book, and having of fear of "going against the band." There is a lot of craziness that goes on in this band, but they still tend to pull the wagons around in a circle. When you're out, you're really OUT! Bob Welch spoke of this, too.
I didn't see Carol or Ken as having an axe to grind so much as people didn't like what they had to say. Shooting the messenger and all that...