View Single Post
Old 06-28-2017, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post
Well, Ken himself consistently comes across as entitled and self-promoting; really seems like a jerk who consistently tries to rehash decades-old grudges against the band.

Stevie's conversation with LDR was entirely entertaining to me. Yes, she talked about her voice, and her craft, but isn't that the whole point?
Yes, you are right, and I liked the LDR conversation very much as well. I haven't totally made up my mind about Ken. I haven't met him. I did read his book, and I appreciated his perspective. I have read a lot of books on the band, and Ken was sort of an outsider, so it was interesting to get his up-close take on the band. The same with Carol Ann Harris. I suppose they all have their axes to grind, but somewhere, looking at all that is written, we probably have a glimpse of what actually goes on within this band. It was also interesting to hear what Ken had to say about Christine McVie--that he worked on her last album, "In The Meantime," and that she was willing to be a part of an interview on the book--but then backed out, after hearing Lindsey might write his own book, and having of fear of "going against the band." There is a lot of craziness that goes on in this band, but they still tend to pull the wagons around in a circle. When you're out, you're really OUT! Bob Welch spoke of this, too.