View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
How great would it have been to have had Christine's voice giving backing vocals on Peacekeeper and Miranda? It would have been a very, very different record had they allowed her to participate. I think Lindsey even said something about that once.
Those songs scream for her augmentation. Keys and voice.

Entertainment Weekly:

Now, the definitive Mac roster is back for Say You Will, the band’s first full studio album since 1987’s forgettable ”Tango in the Night.” Well, 80 percent of the roster is, anyway: Christine McVie has opted to sit this one out. And while the album’s highlights shine brightly, the absence of the group’s least heralded songwriter ultimately proves a significant obstacle.

But who would have guessed just how important Christine McVie was to the Mac mix? Though overshadowed by her bandmates’ star power, her songs (”Say You Love Me,” ”Over My Head,” the effortless ”Tusk” gem ”Think About Me”) were the glue that held the best Fleetwood Mac records together. Christine’s husky vocals and clear emotions linked the band back to its blues base and grounded the quirk-and-quirkier team of Buckingham and Nicks.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 03-15-2017 at 10:44 AM..