View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
He's been a mentor figure for the past two years and people are widely aware of that. He's done the same thing with my writing and I don't see a problem with him asking for feedback in return . The emotional aspect of it was unexpected-- and fine. I go to a relatively small private school where this type of stuff isn't normal, but isn't shunned, either. I have two teachers who I am very close with (the other is female)-- babysit their kids, get lunch on weekends, they've come to my house for dinner-- my parents are aware of it, my classmates are aware of it and the school is mildly aware of it. Even so, I am one Dani from California who goes to a private shool and has abnormally close student-teacher relationships. If someone wants to report it, have fun trying-- I think that is outrageously nosy and ridiculous, and I will be deleting some friends if anyone else considers this a legitimate concern.

I consider myself so, so lucky to be able to have these relationships. Sorry it weirds you out.
trust me, i don't care enough to report anything. and we're not friends on facebook, so don't worry about deleting me. LOL. you realize that you don't have to be someone's friend to see what networks they belong to, right? again, i'm not about to start interfering in your january-december fauxmance. i don't even know who you are.

alls i'm saying is that within the teacher-student dynamic there is always an inherent power structure that is skewed toward the teacher, and this kind of situation reeks of sexual impropriety, whether or not it is overt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
All I'll say is that it's not exactly as if this is shockingly original, and Dani, you're smart enough to know that. I know it might not actually be "such a big deal" but don't forget to view things from the outside.
It's too easy to go fast up and down the highway without seeing a goddamn thing.
This is your senior year and you only get one of them. Have fun.
i am never quite sure what your posts are trying to say. you acknowledge the seemingly understood dangerous and cliched nature of the situation, advise that some wider perspective is needed... and then say "have fun." wtf?

just because something is not "shockingly original" does not mean that it is appropriate. your argument is specious and suspect.

priests molesting altar boys is not exactly "shockingly original," but i would say that it is completely inappropriate. on the other hand, our good friend mary kay letourneau really put a twist on the old lolita bromide, but that is neither here nor there. maybe if you come up with more astute testimony, we can have a discussion along these lines.

Quote:
"Oh, there's no warning
That takes you to the promised land
Hearts made of crystal
Crumble like castles of sand

Echoes of emotion
And the visions of a fool
Echoes of forbidden ground
And it's too good to be true -
Love is dangerous."
oh dude, that's just sad.

please allow me to provide you with a list of songwriters whose work, if you are trying to be cerebral, it is in your best interest to quote (none of whom, i should mention, has ever been addicted to tranquilizers, let alone for one third of the questionably productive years of her ouvre.).

-rosanne cash
-chrissie hynde
-dolly parton
-tom petty
-bob dylan
-joni mitchell
-neil young
-lennon/mccartney
-jagger/richards
-gram parsons
-and while we're at it, neil friggin' diamond

OARP!