View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 09:30 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
Agreed. Honestly though they could have been so much more than they were if they had just had their **** together from the start.

1. If the band stopped getting high and drunk all the time we'd have so much more released live footage of them from all eras. Instead we have drunken and poorly rehearsed footage from the Tusk and Mirage eras and some fake nonsense from 1987.

2. If the band stopped fighting for 8 seconds maybe we'd have some better music videos instead of just Gypsy, Seven Wonders, and..... Big Love?

3. If the band had supported Lindsey after Tusk maybe his Mirage songs wouldn't be so subpar (sorry to the fans, I love Eyes of the World and all but you can't argue it's his strongest material by any means)

4. If the band hadn't been such assholes on the Mirage tour towards each other and caused a hiatus we'd have some truly killer 80s albums.

5. If Stevie stopped partying for 8 seconds and focused on her writing and we'd have some killer material from her instead of nonsense like The Nightmare, random covers like Cry Wolf, or phoned in pop songs like If I Were You.

6. If Stevie had stopped running around the world and getting drunk in the studio Tango in the Night could have been one of the best pop albums of the 80s.

7. If the band just let Billy and Rick do their thing on Behind the Mask we might have had an interesting album instead of them guesting on subpar songs like When it Comes to Love or Love is Dangerous.

8. If Stevie didn't get addicted to benzos her material and live performances after the realse of TOSOTM and BTM would have been infinitely stronger.

9. If Chris had actually tried with her 1984 album it could have been great (The Smile I Live For) as opposed to bland as bread (I'm the One, The Challenge)

10. If the band was more confident in their non-Rumours material their live sets could have been so interesting. Imagine just a recorded show ala "The Dance" playing Tusk from beginning to end. Other bands do stuff like this to celebrate the material!

11. If Lindsey hadn't dominated the Say You Will album and Stevie was more willing to collaborate the production may have been more balanced and the tour less heated.

12. If Chris had more passion for her songs she might have pushed for more interesting material in her live sets

13. If Lindsey and the others hadn't been as dismissive of Stevie's solo career she might not have just gave them her leftover songs (Welcome to the Room Sara, Juliet, Affairs of the Heart?)

14. If they could all get off their egos the 2000s could have been a great decade for all involved.

Sorry if that post was kinda negative, but it just seems like FMAC could have been so much bigger than they were if they just stopped being children for a second.
All of this. Especially the late 80’s/early 90’s Stevie but. TOSOTM concert was a massive snooze fest, with Stevie walking off stage at the end of every song just to come back out to long intros and phone in another one.