View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Just a reminder, Lindsey did several interviews where he said the album was never meant to be a FM album... including one amusing interview where his agent or handler actually intervened when the interviewer pressed the point. But you say Mick made the choice to not call it a FM album. Guess Lindsey was lying, then?

Not that it matters to me what the reason was, but it is confusing when Lindsey made it very clear it was never meant to be a FM album.
Lindsey like everyone else played the game. Do you really think Lindsey, Christine, Mick and John did not want to record a Fleetwood Mac album? Of course they did. However when Stevie was not joining them Lindsey and Christine were having so much fun they still moved forward with the project. They were not going to rub Stevie's face in the project. It also sounds a lot better than "We sat around and waited for Stevie but Stevie does not like us so we did the album anyway." Of course it sounds better to say. "Oh yes, this was our intention the entire time. We just wanted to put out this duo album from the start.
I doubt anyone seriously believes that. Its just as bad what Stevie said that she did not go to the studio because albums don't sell. Both Lindsey and Stevie are liars about this recording.