Thread: Charlotte Show
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2016, 06:17 AM

Stevie Nicks & The Pretenders ~ The Spectrum Center ~ November 10, 2016 ~ Charlotte, North Carolina

Stevie Nicks rolled in Charlotte, North Carolina on November 10 and she brought the Pretenders along with her on her 24 Karat Gold Tour. Now, just stop for a moment and process something. Those two acts have almost 100 years of musical experience between them. Just take a few minutes to think about how amazing that it and of all the amazing music that they have given to us. With that in mind, we knew that we were in for a treat at this show because we were about to witness musical royalty up on that stage.

Chrissie Hynde and the Pretenders opened up the show and they hit the stage will guns a blazin’! They kicked off their set with a two-fer from their latest album with the title track and “Gotta Wait.” The house really got fired up when they ripped into “Message of Love.” They included all the staples including “Back on the Chain Gang,” “I’ll Stand by You” and closing with “Brass in Pocket.” The band was very tight and sounded great! I’ve known for a long time that Chrissie Hynde is a bad-ass, but you don’t truly get to appreciate that at its fullest until you see her perform live. She can definitely school a lot of up and coming artists on the right way to do things.

Stevie Nicks came out after a short break and may I start off by saying that she looked absolutely stunning. Not only was she visually stunning, she was also vocally stunning as she was spot on with all of her songs. The setlist did lean heavily on her solo work (“Edge of Seventeen,” “Leather and Lace” and “Stand Back”), but she did include several Fleetwood Mac songs (“Dreams,” “Gold Dust Woman” and “Rhiannon”). Although it wasn’t a huge surprise to many who were there (thanks to the internet) Chrissie Hynde joined Stevie for “Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around” and took on Tom Petty’s part. Stevie delivered a very impressive mix with her setlist and props to her touring band that were absolutely phenomenal. One of the coolest things that we saw happen, more than once, was when she would start a song and someone would turn to the person next to them and say ‘oh my god; I forgot about that song!’

I don’t think that you’ll be having tours like this one thirty years from now with the caliber of talent that this one has. Artists like Stevie Nicks and Chrissie Hynde and the Pretenders are in very short supply in the younger, up and coming bands in today’s industry. We may never see artists with careers spanning 30 to 40 years anymore and the industry needs special artists like that. I think everyone walked out of the Spectrum Center knowing that they had just witnessed something very special. If this tour is due to make a stop in your hometown, then we highly encourage you to get there and check it out. We guarantee you that you will not leave disappointed.

Check out our pix from the recent Stevie Nicks and The Pretenders show at The Spectrum Center in Charlotte, North Carolina on November 10, 2016. Click on the image for a larger view!

http://www.immusicmag.com/2016/11/st...orth-carolina/

(The picture are actually gorgeous, so take a look at them.)