View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
of course it's possible!!

frankly, i don't think i really understand the question. why are people talking about "record company" like we are not in 21st century? they don't need a record company. Lindsey self released several albums - both studio and live. Mick self released live album just in the last few days. FM 4 without Christine self released their EP. so why are we still talking about some imaginary "record company" - when we know neither FM or any of the 5 individual members have a label.
You have a point but I also think there's a difference between someone like Lindsey as a solo artist versus Fleetwood Mac. I loove Lindsey but his career as a solo artist never really took off, his name on its own is not that big, so it's not really anything odd if he were to self-release an album. But Fleetwood Mac is a big legendary band, I think it would be strange if they were to release an album without a big label behind it. Not like I'm saying they couldn't, it would just be strange I think and they might be hesitant. The EP was just that-- an EP that had like zero promotion. I don't think a big label will look at the 4 of them without Stevie and be so thrilled about it.