View Single Post
Old 01-12-2003, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Tango in the Night, however, I do feel a lack of Stevie on the album as well as some of Mirage. It almost seems as if Stevie had nothing to do with any Lindsey songs on Tango in the Night (I can't hear her on any of his five songs), and what I've heard from Mirage, there's not much there either. Stevie has three songs on Tango, and then I can hear her in Everywhere and of course Little Lies, and I THINK Mystified, but that's it. I actually would like more group cohesion, especially now that Christine is gone because there's not really a "variety" anymore, just two different styles of songwriting. Plus, being big on vocals, I think songs are a lot better when harmonies are added (to an extent...they got a little carried away on Affairs of the Heart and Skies the Limit). This is mostly why I don't like listening to Creed...it's just Scott Stapp's one line melody and not much else. In fact, when I heard their new single (Children Don't Stop Dancing?) on VH1 and heard a girl doing harmony with Scott in two lines, I nearly fell out of my chair out of shock. I was like, wow, they did a harmony! Duets are great too, especially when you have two spotlight seeking personalities trying to outdo each other on the harmonies, making them even better. I think I strayed a little here, so I'm gonna just stop.