View Single Post
Old 10-29-2023, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkAThinLine. View Post
It's certainly possible that there are certain songs that would surprisingly translate well live, but at this current juncture, that list is dwindling given that Lindsey's and Stevie's voices are deteriorating in quality. The studio version of "Sisters of the Moon" is terrific and the live versions found on the Tusk and Mirage tour are almost as good, but the quality absolutely tanked by the 2013 tour and On With the Show.

I don't understand why Fleetwood Mac kept "Blue Letter" in their live set up until 1990. In my opinion, that was a wasted slot.
That is very true and unfortunate about their voices. They’ve certainly performed very well for a very long time, considering everything.

As for why they kept Blue Letter in the set for so long, well I have a few theories. First, it sounds like a FM song, musically and lyrically. I always assumed Lindsey wrote it when I first heard it. Second, I suspect they all liked performing it. Third, it’s a quick song, basically 3 and a half minutes long. Fourth, it showcases each of them at their best- the harmonies, the guitar, the bass, the drums. Fifth, it’s such a sing-a-long. Frankly, I was surprised Neil didn’t sing it in 2018-2019.