View Single Post
Old 04-22-2002, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi everyone. I'm gonna try and respond to a few things from this thread. For one, the Rhiannon on the Live album is no way from the Tusk tour. I would tend to agree with the other poster that it was from early in the Rumours tour. In addition to the other songs that someone mentioned were not from the Tusk tour on that album, I don't think anyone mentioned "Don't Let Me Down Again." This was from '76 at the latest. I don't *think* they played that song after '76, until the '87 tour.

As for Rhiannon, well, I don't know. It will NEVER be retired from a Stevie/Mac setlist. I've heard a couple of versions from the '98 and '01 tours, and well, I don't care for them too much. But, I never liked the way it sounded in any of the versions I've heard from Stevie's solo concerts... *Ducking for cover* I agree that it sounded like it was going to maybe have some of it's old-style during the Dance, but then it just fizzled. I also agree with the comment that Lindsey's solo at the end was AWFUL. The whole ending was just so bland, with the "all the same"'s and the mediocre guitar solo. On another note, am I the only one who really likes the Mirage Tour Rhiannon's? When I first heard the video version, I thought it sounded just awful. But the more I listen to it, the more I liked it. Now, it's one of my favorite versions! I just love the "I don't change, you don't change" parts.

As for the FM tour, I would really like to hear (I guess in this order):

Rhiannon, The Chain, Dreams, Oh Well, Eyes of the World, Gold Dust Woman, I'm So Afraid, Frozen Love, Countdown, Don't Let Me Down Again, Never Going Back Again, Landslide, World Turning, Gypsy, Angel, What Makes You Think You're the One, The Ledge, Seven Wonders, Big Love, Second Hand News, Stand Back, Hold Me (Lindsey could pull it off on his own, I think), Silver Springs, Go Your Own Way, Blue Letter, Sisters of the Moon, Don't Stop.

I know I'm missing some that I want, but I can't think of them right now. That, coupled with the fact that I already have 27 songs, plus I would imagine 4-5 new songs. That's enough!