View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 01:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali101 View Post
Perhaps his manager has not been the most diligent.
The fact that his manager is none other than Irving Azoff has been a cause of head-scratching and theorizing. For example, you could go with the theory that it was Irving who played a big role in dropping Lindsey, because (i) Irving is very well-off and doesn't need Lindsey for his solo career, (ii) Irving was annoyed that Lindsey wasn't happily towing the line regarding his vision for FM as a Classic Hits touring machine, (iii) Irving was convinced by Stevie's camp that they could swap out Lindsey for "Mike plus one" and most people wouldn't care too much.

Very speculative because I don't know enough about all Irving and all the other managers, but either way I think a lot of us have considered something less than diligent, or even bad faith, was at play.

Quote:
Over the last eight months our many efforts to come to an agreement have unfortunately proved elusive.
Although it's not necessarily supported by the syntax of the paragraph as a whole, I feel that this could simply be referring to the efforts of the Lindsey side (ie Lindsey's personal attempts at contacting the band members, and his management or lawyers' attempts at negotiating with the other managers and lawyers). You could say that "elusive" has that nuance of "the other side has done its best to avoid coming to the table."