View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
For me, Mirage was their peak, live. The peak of their voices, their looks, and their energy. And it was before the Fleetwood Mac Orchestra. And let's be honest....that's really(Tango, and the orchestra) when the old goat began gaining power in the group.

Christine coming back was a dream come true, and looking back now, THAT should have been the end of their story. Not firing Lindsey, hiring Neil and Hobo Joe to take his place.
Agreed about Tango. But then Lindsey left and of course the old goat took the opportunity to gain power.

Christine coming back meant she was free to firing Lindsey, so I don't know if it was such a good thing that she came back. Old Goat couldn't care less about the band's legacy. And that's the f*cking truth.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.