Thread: Common Sense
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2004, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
My fav. are the suits claiming the people did not know that if they ate a Big Mac and fries everyday they would get fat Moreover, I get that the tabacco companies perhaps elevated the nicotine levels of cigarettes and they should be punished for that. But, the way I see it, anyone from about 1990 (I personally would say 1970 - but that is me ) on that smokes does so without the right to sue the tobacco companies.
You are right, Johnny Stew, people are so quick to blame everyone else for their own problems or stupidity. There is little accountability. Look at the parents who tried to sue Judas Priest, blaming the music for their kid’s suicide. What a crook of sh*t. Maybe if they paid attention to their kids lives they wouldn’t be in that mess. And, do you think the drug abuse might have had anything to do about it?

Now, I’ve listened to Judas Priest and I sure as hell didn’t want to kill myself (I only got that feeling when I heard some boy band on the radio! ). The parents in that case, refused to look at their own failings as parents and their son’s mental issues. They sought out a scapegoat and saw all the money they could win by going after the band as something to ease the pain.

Ridiculous….

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller