Thread: Common Sense
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2004, 02:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

That was thought-provoking.

Of course, i don't think our problem is a lack of common sense, but rather a complete and utter lack of personal responsibility.

If our kids do something wrong, we look for somewhere to lay the blame (movies, tv, music), rather than on ourselves or them.

If we burn ourselves with a hot cup of coffee that we sat down between our legs as we drove, then it's the fault of the establishment where we bought it, for having made it too hot... it's certainly not our fault for doing something stupid.

If our daughter gets pregnant, or our son comes home with an STD, that has to be the fault of the school systems that teach our children about sex and contraceptives. After all, we never talk about sex in our home.

If we get addicted to drugs, or alcohol, or if we lose all our money to gambling, it's not our fault... it was due to a tough childhood, or an absentee parent.

We're all about "me, me, me," and one way or another, it's always someone else's fault.