View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
JTIS I can't sleep again. So I'm up, listening to music and trying to zone out.

My aunt had a birthday BBQ the other night, so I dragged Cute Guitar Boy along. As CGB was noodling around on my dad's guitar, he played the acoustic version of Testament's "The Legacy" so beautifully, I just might've seen stars:

"Flashes of the day, I knew that I was here to stay, but no one knows my name..."

Live at the Fillmore is a great album, because it also has the absolutely gorgeous acoustic versions of "Return to Serenity" (probably my personal favorite) and "Trail of Tears." Testament is one of my all-time fav bands, and it really doesn't get much better anywhere, ever than these songs. Excellent listening, highly recommended, even if you're not a metal fan.
I've been meaning to check out Testament in my prowl for cool metal bands (so far, I found Iced Earth and they're awesome), but what album should I start with?

And is Cute Guitar Boy the one with the the dark curly hair, blue eyes, and working on a beard? (I tend to get the guys in your many stories mixed up, but I still managed to remember Boy What Carries Things)

JTIS, there's a possiblity that my dad might be getting a job in Jersey, but it'll be 2 years before I move there, and at least it'll still be in the New York area (at one time, when he was out of work, he was looking at a job in rural Pennsylvania).

You can add me on Facebook