View Single Post
Old 09-02-2002, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Bluegrass..

First of all, congrats on the new geetar!! BTW, what kind is it? Fender? I have a Fender acoustic named Liddy Buck! There are a few guitar players round these parts...seteca, chilid, madformac to name a few, so you will get LOTS of help, I'm sure!! I just got my guitar last Christmas, so I am NO expert like those listed above, but I can suggest getting a CD-ROM called Teach Me Guitar (my dad got it from the internet, ebay I think), and it's made by Voyetra. I have a book titled Hal Leonard Guitar Method by Will Schmid that comes with a CD to help you tune your guitar and it is VERY easy to follow. You can learn what the notes are and some easy as pie songs. Are you learning by ear or taking lessons? I don't use a pick because, frankly, it's too hard to use! LOL I'm such a klutz with it. Also, I don't take lessons, but I try to practice when I'm not too tired, but that's like...all the dang time!! I need more discipline. Well, anyways, I've rambled enough, I'll leave the podium for some EXPERTS to help you out..GOOD LUCK with the guitar playing!!

Last edited by wondergirl9847; 09-02-2002 at 08:44 PM..