View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Wendy,

I was one one of the most offended that Bob (or Billy or Rick) wasn’t included back in 1998. I assumed they wouldn’t say a word about Bob at the show, which is partially why I skipped it. Most bands would be thrilled to have “Hypnotized”, “Sentimental Lady”, or “Miles Away” available for their set, and have Bob’s legacy at their disposal. Not Fleetwood Mac circa 2013. Hell, the only Christine McVie song they’re doing is “Don’t Stop”, and she had the most BIG hits....

Barely any Christine McVie songs and no Peter Green or Robert Welch songs... I wouldn’t worry about them. They’ve sold their souls already. If they were, as a band, maintaining any creative credibility, then I'd be worried. But they're not.
You think they're being disrespectful by not playing Christine songs? It's the exact opposite I think. They can't do those songs justice without Christine. I think they would LOVE to play some of those huge hits that Christine wrote and sang, but they have no one to replace her. They have tried ("World Turning" is also partially a Christine song and they did "Say You Love Me" in 2009), but I think they're playing to their strengths. Secondly, I agree they should play a Bob Welch song as a tribute, but otherwise I don't think it would be necessary. They play mainly the songs from their own era written by the musicians on stage. Occasionally they drop in "Oh Well" from Peter. I can't see anything wrong with that strategy.