View Single Post
Old 03-26-2006, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000
Hi bretonbanquet - that version of "World In Harmony" with Danny's "Phyllis" reference is from the 9 April 1970 BBC radio show - actually the last "live" recording of the song that I'm aware of. While all the songs from this performance were included on the Show-Biz Blues 2-disc set that came out on Receiver a few years ago, all of the between-song interaction between the radio host and the band were cut out. Some bootlegs, notably They Play On, preserve the between-song talk from that show, so that's probably where that track from your disc originated. In fact, there is at least one bootleg that lists the title of that track as "Phyllis"!
You're right of course - I should have recognised it from Show-Biz Blues. My disc has "Tiger" and "Manalishi" from that concert as well, but none of the other songs. Now I realise it's not a particularly early performance of "World In Harmony", it seems odd that they still hadn't given it a name. They played it at Boston 2 months previously, and I'm assuming that was about the earliest airing.

We know it was recorded in the studio in April '70, and apparently (I don't actually have it) it was played on 27th April at another BBC session - the one from which "Sandy Mary" and "Only You" were taken for the Live At The BBC 2-disc set. I guess when Peter left, they never played it again.

I think it's a shame that we have to obtain these BBC tracks from bootlegs - there must be enough material there to do another Live At The BBC set.