View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
The crowd response for the two shows I have seen should solidify no setlist changes. Unless someone decides they can't sing/play something, this is it kids.
glad to hear. although my dream setlist would look very different, i want to hear this one in person... hope it holds up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalzaretta View Post
I liked their selection being about the 3 part harmony. I just don't find Tusk that great without the USC marching band. Big Love is boring to me. I used Say Goodbye and Bleed to Love Her instead.

I don't like Everywhere - and replaced it with Hold Me, which is stellar.

And I know it slows down the encore a bit. I don't think Don't Stop should be encore. And I think Landslide is one of their most popular and it should be in the encore.
i can't wait to experience Tusk in person with Christine and her harmonica upfront! and you'd take away Tusk now that she's back??

i love Bleed to Love Her and it does have some very intricate guitar parts, although nowhere near Big Love. it's definitely more suitable than some other suggestions who want to replace Big Love with Crystal or some such nonsensical change, but if you want to replace it with equivalent piece showcasing LB's incredible guitar skills, there is probably only one song that can come somewhat close to it:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=756226837772359

(a part of the whole soundcheck video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQjTJeaIQTo )

Don't Stop is huge (thanks to Clinton!), and more so than Landslide, although yeah Landslide and GYOW are getting close. so i'm not really sure how your logic about popularity and encores works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post

Chain
You Make Loving Fun
Dreams
Second Hand News
--
Over My Head
Rhiannon
I'm So Afraid (Solo)
Say You Love Me
--
Tusk
Beautiful Child (subbing for Sisters of the Moon)
Think About Me (they need a song like this...like Little Lies...that's upbeat and gets the three of them singing and feeding off each other)
What Makes You Think You're the One (or gruff gruff I Know I'm Not Wrong)
--
Gypsy
Hold Me (again, this song is needed. It features all three voices...and I think Little Lies is really turning into one of the best songs of this tour, which really gives energy to the show)
--
Big Love
Everywhere
Seven Wonders
Little Lies
Gold Dust Woman
Don't Stop
Go Your Own Way
--
World Turning
Blue Letter
Landslide
--
Songbird
i would be pretty ecstatic if they were doing your setlist!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"