View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
IA. Out of all the BS that this band has spewed over the years this whole ordeal has hands down the most silly statements after another. I doubt Lindsey will ever want to work with them again, his pride is too much for that, but Mick will probably always want to turn to him when he's desperate. I remember I read somewhere when Mick talked about that period in the 90s after Time when he and John broke up the band, he was saying how it was such a bad time for him and then (conveniently) who was the person he decided to reach out to? Lindsey! He talked about how he wrote to him and they talked for a bit and shortly after Lindsey brought him and John out to do his solo album and they spent time together and had some good talks and then we all know how that turned out
I actually think the PTSD for me is kicking in now. At first I was like WTF, but acknowledged this is classic FM. But the narrative just didn't hold, given everything the Rumours 5 have said over the last few years. And then--the rationale behind it didn't add up. And then the botched press, and now the backpedaling and changing the story. I am so sad for this incarnation, especially if this truly winds up being their farewell tour. No disrespect to Mike or Neil--they aren't going to be able to hold this together for me. I have a certain level of expectation when I go to an FM show--and it's not Neil Finn singing GYOW and leading off the "Chain" (they are beyond moronic to include this song--but they will) and it's not Mike Campbell playing Landslide with Stevie. And before anyone jumps on me--Stevie butchered "Don't Stop" when she sang Christine's part for all those years Christine was gone, and Lindsey and Stevie collectively made my ears bleed before they "smartly" decided to pull "Say You Love Me". I imagine the fans of FM pre BN felt the same way, and I respect that enormously. --but social media didn't exist in those days and has a strong influence on how people perceive music, and this iteration and the situation that got us here seems far more sinister and nasty.