View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 05:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I agree. It was much better THEN, warts and all. No need for a gigantic wall of sound. Just go out there and do your best! It's far more intimate that way.

During the second show of BuckVie(Nashville), they were starting a song, and apparently the wrong keyboard sound was selected, and they had to stop the song and start over....but she didn't know how to change it, so the keyboard tech had to come out and change it for her. Which was surprising, because she was barely playing anything anyway. Mostly just holding organ chords. Hold Me piano part was OBVIOUSLY programmed. Her hands weren't moving anything like they should have been for it. I do wonder which is her bigger issue, mental or physical? Mind is slipping a bit, or arthritis? Perhaps a combination...
What you describe is the next generation of technology. The first was the additional musicians, then technology lost the big arena rock sound, and yes now there are pre-programmed tracks and even pre-recorded vocal tracks.

I drive myself crazy because I love Lindsey and love his solo shows and music. I think Rick and Billy were horrible singers and lack luster guitar playing who played too conservative. Having said that, I think the BTM/Farewell tour of the Mac was one of the best Mac concerts ever. On with the show was incredible just for the fact Christine came back as she swore she would never do. But musically I just loved the sound better in 87/90.
Now what I said should make no sense at all but its how I feel. It makes me feel guilty a bit.