View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Luke, do you think they can play stadiums in Florida or Colorado too?
Miami & Denver are plausible. Atlanta (from a regional perspective) makes more sense to me than Miami, at least at first blush. Eagles did a concert at the then-new Denver Broncos stadium Summer '01, and it sold 55K+ tickets. Of course, we're talking about ten years later, now. It really all boils down to how much money these guys would expect out of such a proposition, and finding a price point that's palatable to the bands, managers, and the public.

Which reminds me, reason number #57 why this tour will never take place- both FM & Eagles historically require large, up-front guarantees- rather than, say, 95% of the gross minus expenses. There is no question that an FM/Eagles package tour would require an astronomical up-front guarantee in order for the bands to sign off on this... something in the neighborhood of about $4M per date. Hence, the $5M (after expenses) breakeven figure I referenced before. The incestuous Live Nation/Eagles/FM/Irving Azoff relationship aside, this is still quite a bit to ask.