View Single Post
Old 08-26-2001, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Just to weigh-in.
Leaving "In The Back Of My Mind" off of "Option 1" is in no way meant as a slight to Billy Burnette.
In fact, that song happens to be one of my all-time favorite Mac tunes.
However, the video made for the single features very little of the band at all, and focuses on Mick Fleetwood's daughter, and some surreal train station.
So, it was left-off in favor of something more "band oriented".

I wish the 1990 UK Rock Steady performance of "In The Back Of My Mind" was on the video vault list... we could have used that.

As for "Oh Well"... i suppose that's something that will have to be decided on during the next set of voting.
The Peter Green-era is extremely well represented in the Rhino release Fleetwood Mac: The Early Years.
But there has yet to be a highlight compilation of the "Rumours era" line-up + Beyond... and that seemed to be the line of thinking behind the song choices in all of these options.

Still, like I said, that's something that will be left up to the voting.

Everyone has their wishlist, and everyone has their favorite version of a particular song... and there are obviously going to be compromises along the way... but I feel that, ultimately, we're all going to be very pleased with whatever the final track listing is.

Johnny Stew

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 08-26-2001 at 06:40 PM.