View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
My thoughts exactly. Lindsey, the master of playing by himself, couldn't thave whipped up a few more tunes? Doesn't the band have a drummer hidden in the back? Couldn't the drum tech finish the show? Don't they have a percussionist as well, which would allow them to keep going with someone keeping time?

This band is so inept, it amazes me it still has the following it does. They can't agree on recording an album, can't stray from the setlist, can't deal with an emergency. It's seriously pathetic.

I wish Mick a full recovery.

I have to wonder if the setlist is just another one of those highly-negotiated points of contention with this band… you know, "well if we do THAT song of yours, then IIIIII've only got 6 songs and now you have 7" or whatever. I can see managers arguing over this sh&t behind the scenes. Maybe this is part of why the set never changes…. too many lawyers and managers get involved. If Lindsey did any of the songs he does totally alone solo, that could ruffle feathers because "you know, this isn't a Lindsey solo show!!" blah blah blah … Plus the fact that he's kind of neurotic about doing songs off the cuff-- he's infected with the same 'omg we have to rehearse this 6 million times' bug that the rest of the band have. Let's face it-- these are not "wing it" kinds of people, S & N. Chris and John I think are far more comfortable with just jamming on the fly.