View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 06:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Hmmm... I love Skies the Limit pretty much as is, and certainly a lot more than Mystified or You and I. I think Lindsey did a great job with most of Christine's songs, but Save Me, Love Shines, As Long As You Follow, and Behind the Mask are as good and in some cases better than her earlier songs like Oh Daddy, Say You Love Me, Only Over You, or Love in Store. And don't get me wrong, I like some of those songs, too, but they're pretty lightweight. I have a feeling Save Me by Lindsey would have been less guitar driven, for example. Just my opinion, of course.

Btw, I've read posts where people said the album BTM sounded muddled or wasn't produced well. I would love to know what they mean, specifically. I know little about how music is produced, I guess, and so it can be hard for me to understand those kind of comments. For example, how can one tell if the fault is in the production or in the performance itself? If the sound is 'muddled,' isn't that more an engineering issue? I'd really love feedback about this sort of technical question.

The only FM example I can really think of as sounding muddled is Goodbye Baby from Say You Will, especially the beginning. It sounds like a demo or outtake, rather than a finished song. I figured if I noticed the poor sound quality, it must be pretty obvious LOL!
Skies the Limit is pure pop greatness from Christine. While no longer cranking out to 40 hits since the music industry was changing, the song still proved she still had the formula. She can make simple phrases like You make loving fun into gooey love songs. Skies the limit uses the same formula. I particularly love the keyboard beginning because its classic Christine the way she plays. All 4 singers harmonizing sounds pretty good too. The video was excellent too. If my memory is correct it was filmed in Red Rocks, Colorado. I had to look this up but the song peaked at #10 on adult contemporary charts. Always loved the crack of the drum right before the vocals start. Save me barely cracked the top 40 but had a great video. Fleetwood Mac's first album with no Stevie Nicks single or hit. Times were a changing

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-14-2018 at 07:41 AM..