View Single Post
Old 02-16-2005, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky
Let's see he's come home on at least four seperate occasions with abscesses.
He came home with a huge laceration on his rump that nearly reached his anus. (Apparently another animal tried to rip him a new a$$hole and almost succeeded.)
I've had to pull other cats' claws out of his skin more than once.
Oh yeah, and he came home one night lethargic, hissing at everyone, covered in mud and his claws were all broken and frayed. Never did figure out what happened. Neither myself nor the vet could find any wounds, xrays showed nothing out of the ordinary... hit by car and got lucky? Who knows.

But I know what you're probably thinking... Why don't you just keep him inside all the time? I never let him outside or my other cat Dunlop (named for the tire company because he'd been hit by a car before we adopted him) for that matter. My family on the other hand cannot be convinced to do the same.

Wow - that's odd - I house sat for some other cats (for someone who's allergic I've watched a lot of cats in my day) and they used to come home with odd stains on their fur, cuts etc...BUT these people lived out in the desert - I was always thankful that the cats came back at all and weren't eaten by coyotes

But yeah - then they killed a bunny and brought me the head as a little present - freaked me out...but yeah these people refused to keep their cats indoors all the time...