View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Well, then you're a better person than me because you don't talk badly about anybody. Making a living? You're saying they're millionaires and at the same time they're "making a living"? You see? They don't need the money. They're millionaires, as you said. This was pure revenge, and that's why I (and many others here) don't feel inclined to wish them luck in whatever they do. That's why I am waiting for this tour to fail.

All of us know Stevie's place in the music industry. We all know she doesn't need FM, because she has her own career where she feels more comfortable and she tours all the time and sells arenas all the time and have fun all the time. So..... wouldn't have been wiser to leave the band if she didn't want to work with Lindsey anymore? But where's the fun there? Where's the revenge in leaving the band? Yeah, it was more satisfactory for her this way.
I don't think this was really about revenge or about Stevie being vindictive or contemptful towards LB. Yes I think the BuckVie album played a part and of course the up and down between her and him that has gone on forever, but what I really, really think was the most responsible factor for all of this is just that she wanted Mike in the band. Really, if Tom hadn't passed this never would have happened and I am absolutely sure of it. 'Normal' Stevie would never have done it, she would never have wanted to tarnish the legacy of the band like that, she would never have been able to bring herself to do that to Lindsey no matter how pissed she was at him, she just never would have gone that far. But Stevie stuck in her grief? Remember this is a woman who literally married her dead best friend's widowed husband just months after she passed. It's almost crazy how all of this started just a few months after Tom's death and how much of it mirrors that situation. Tom was one of her best friends, she completely adored and was practically obsessed with him and his band. His death was so sudden and out of nowhere I'm sure it was (understandably) just a catastrophe to her. Mike was Tom's partner and her friend. She wants the person closest to Tom to be close to her, so she wanted Mike in the band (and this isn't even the first time she tried bringing one of her friends into FM). But obviously that wasn't gonna happen with Lindsey in the band and I'm sure she knew it. So when whatever happened started, Lindsey asking to delay the tour, Lindsey asking to do solo dates in between the tour, it was the golden chance to bring Mike in and she ran with it. I really don't think it was so much about her wanting Lindsey out as it was about her wanting Mike in. And given all the things we've heard, and the (albeit very shady) posts that KB has 'liked', I really do think that's the reality of what happened.