View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I disagree with you Mirage bashers

Yes Mirage was reactionary from the public thrashing from Tusk. As Mick says...the band wanted to do something more "classic Fleetwood Mac."
It is a very musically safe album. But it holds up well. It went to #1 something Tusk never did. It was also important to hit #1 since Stevie's first solo album just went to #1 too. The criticism of the album was it was too soft rock. For the first time rock stations were not playing the new Fleetwood Mac album.

But here is why Mirage is a favorite of mine.

The album opens with Love in Store. Talk about classic Fleetwood Mac. The harmonies on Love in Store are probably the most profound of any Mac song ever. That's Alright is such a classic song that almost translates full country. Stevie's voice is so strong on it and I love that it was an old Buckingham Nicks era written song. Hold me is the ultimate pop song. So catchy and the lyrics melt together perfectly. I love the percussion part at the end. Amazing! Only Over you is such a classic McVie love song. So mystical and magic. Empire State is Lindsey still fighting to bring Tusk edgy songs along. Good song. Straight Back is probably the top 5 favorite Mac songs for me. Lyrics 10 Music 10 Vocals 10. I love Chris backing Stevie "like a wolf on the run." It still gives me goose bumps! Eyes of the world finally we get to hear some guitar on Mirage. Too bad it was so short though. Gypsy is probably the most classic Mac song ever. The band is really at its best especially Lindsey on guitar. Oh Diane is catchy and a safe Lindsey song. I love how the album closes with Wish you were here. I don't think the song is written by Christine but you know how much she loved the song to play it. Ahhhh what classic piano at the beginning!

I love the album cover and think Stevie and Chris were at their peak beauty. The Mirage tour was short but I think their set list was the best ever. The band sounded amazing and it truly was an end of an era!

LOVE LOVE LOVE me some Mirage!