View Single Post
Old 01-19-2003, 04:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm looking forward to seeing the PGSG again this year (assuming they DO come to the US and SoCal in particular). Each time I've seen them (three times since 1988), they've gotten better & better.

In regards to Nigel "doing all the talking", etc, the fact needs to be taken that Nigel's sister was pretty much Peter's "caretaker" during Peter's dark days, and was MAJOR in Peter's "recovery"...and some of that most likely has rubbed off on Nigel. Plus, Peter & Nigel seem as close as Lennon & McCartney EVER were...like brothers.

The thing about the PGSG is that they're really A BAND, the only reason that Peter's name is in the title of the band is to "sell" the band...he's finally in a situation where he can be "Just one of the guys" and not the main focal point. Sure, the reason MOST people go see them is due to Peter's legend. BUT, as one can see once they've seen the PGSG live, it's a band of 5 EQUALS, not Peter & a backup band. Nigel & Roger are strong personalities and Stroudie & Larry Tolfree are as tight a rhythm section as can be found. (I'd even dare say that they're tighter than Mick & John at this point, since Stroudie & Tolfree play constantly, whereas Mick & John seem to only play together when there's a Fleetwood Mac project in the works) It's a situation where Peter can kind of "disappear" into the group and not have to be the "bandleader". Something he was TRYING to achieve with Fleetwood Mac, but never materialized...ONE of the plethora of reasons for his departure from FMac.

Last edited by chiliD; 01-19-2003 at 04:19 AM..