View Single Post
Old 01-18-2003, 10:50 AM
Ledgie

Default Re: The concert

Quote:
Originally posted by anna
Hey Doctor Brown: the only thing I meant was that it was annoying that Nigel gave all the answers instead of Peter himself. In that interview, he interrupts Peter or he says: Peter doesn't mean that. He seemed overprotective. That's all.

Well, the main thing is: I have been to the concert and it was more than I expected! Peter is in a bad condition indeed, but he seemed to enjoy himself more and more. It was really good to hear the old classics performed live now. It is difficult to say whether his guitar playing is improving: most of the time, you don't hear him play at all! But Oh Well, I have seen a Legend live and it was great!

Anna
Hi again Anna!

I understood what you meant. But don't think that Nigel is being over protective. Peter wants him to do that. Remember these guys are together twenty-four hours a day. And the press will take something and blow it out of purportion if it is not immediately addressed. I think that Peter would have liked to have someone there to do that right from the very beginning. He's never been comfortable with those people.

Well, you went to the concert. In what way was it more than you expected?

Will you expound on what you mean by 'Peter was in a bad condition"?

Did you get a chance to talk to him after the show?

You couldn't hear him playing? That's too bad. When I saw him last year. He put in a great performance. I was right down front and of course I could actually see him playing, and he was really good. You could especially hear the slide playing on "I Believe My Time Ain't Long". You knew it was him because he was the only one playing slide.

I don't mean to "drill" you here, I'm just trying to get a feel of how the tour is going.

Thanks,

Doc