View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 07:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottabam View Post
I'm starting to think it is just about logistics and ticket sales. For example, I tried pulling up tickets for Sunrise for weeks on end and always brought up the same seats until earlier this week. Also, if ticket sales are truly low, and they consider the cost associated with the lengthy trek leaving Tampa heading south for 2 1/2 hours then crossing the everglades for another 2 1/2 hours to Sunrise for a less than capacity crowd, then the 8-10 hour drive to Atlanta for the next venue, maybe its not worth it? IDK, but the first round of Heart and Soul also cancelled the Sunrise venue. Workers there did say the ticket sales were sluggish at the time.
They probably would have been better off after Tampa booking Germain Arena in Estero, Fl then Hard Rock Live in Hollywood, Fl, then St. Augustine, but all 3 are only about 5,500 seats each (perhaps not worth it for the Mac).
With Montreal it seems hardly worth it to cross the US Border for 1 show then cross again to come to New York if ticket sales are weak.
Here in Florida I've seen many "classic" rock acts cancel shows. Usually same excuses, but my guess is ticket sales.
I think you're right. Makes sense. Thanks for the post.