View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
^When they're live and standing in front of you it's one thing, because their expressions and delivery are part of the whole experience.

But when I am just listening to the studio version, I want a song, something I can hum, a melody, something on which the sentiment can grab on and stick. Something that stands on its own without a visual accompaniment. I think the faster version of the song fits those requirements better for me. So, I like the studio version more, for that reason.

Michele
Just want to clarify: I wasn't talking specifically about their expressions and delivery. I was too far back to read their expressions. For me it's the exact opposite. I prefer how the song sounds live, especially how the vocals do not feel as rushed as the studio recording. I don't pick up anything to hum from that version, since in my opinion Lindsey's lyrics do not linger over the listener the same way, the softness of his voice, the elongated phrasing. When I went back to SYW, I was surprised by the different feel musically of the song, which was much more severe than just a straight studio vs. live comparison.