View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
There is a million tons of recent news and academic and legal research that make it seem that well, yes, claims of abuse by the abused need to be taken seriously and accepted as truth.

Stevie did not survive an abusive relationship with Lindsey. Because he is a great artist. Got it.
Your extrapolation of my comment is neither accurate nor fair. My hesitation about considering Lindsey an abuser of Stevie has nothing to do with his artistry. In fact, many great artists have turned out to be awful human beings in so many ways (Wagner comes to mind). My concern about these claims is that Stevie herself has never claimed that Lindsey abused her. There is the Australian concert where he might have tried to kick her on stage and the notorious 1987 breakup at Christine’s house. And even then neither incident has been clearly and reliably reported.

Should Stevie actually come forward and make claims, then we have another matter on hand—and even then we would not take the claim lightly or casually. This doesn’t mean we would refuse to believe her but that the claim would need to be balanced with corroborating testimony, if available, and weighed against his comments, too. It’s called due process. So don’t try to put words in my mouth.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 07-07-2018 at 10:31 AM..