View Single Post
Old 03-03-2006, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse

- I feel her most emotional and heart felt song is "When I see You Again" I know 8 out of 10 people hate this song!
Everyone needs to listen to that song more closely...It is hauntingly sad ....(her voice is shot at this pont too, but that doesn't matter-either does the way too, too many repeats of "whatsamatter baby"matter - What matters is that she is so vunerable, afraid and desperate, so frightened and so raw...
Remember, this song was written while she was at Betty Ford, thinking that when she came out maybe she would be a different person, lose her creative side, not be able to cope without being high, that Lindsey wouldn't be her best friend anymore~~that a part of her was going to disappear...what would her whole world be like?
She opens up on that song more than anyother and it bothers me that people dismiss it because she is so hoarse, and pleading.., you are missing the point
-I love that she sings "When I see you again" and Lindsey's response at the end of the song is "If I see you again" Plus his acoustic guitar at the end is also hauntingly faint...
( I also read somewhere that she tricked him into the vocals on that song, not realizing he was the only one singing back to her, but when it was finished the band agreed that is how it should stay-
Just the two of them---- Again and again,over and over...

YOU ROCK GIRLFRIEND
finally someone who sees what i see.
do you know what really makes me sad about this song....i mean aside from just thinking about it and what was going on with her that she wrote it

but that it meant so much for her to have Lindsey sing on it
because it was her song to him.
i'll say Lindsey was a prick
but i don't think Stevie was exactly faultless either.
she went to change her life..how was that going to affect him.
i really don't think she knew for a loooooooong time he was pulling out of the tour and leaving either or it was up in the air for so long that this is about that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueLamp
Just curious...what did he screw up on The Dance?

you're going to get 101 different answers to this
but i would say that would be Lindsey asking Stevie to marry him
Her turning him down and sending him back to the mother of his son!