View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferuk View Post
They settled out of court, 1996 I think it was.
bla.fleetwoodmac.net/index.php?page=index_v2&id=6936&c=8
Lawsuit Settled (Hollywood Reporter) < Bob Welch < Main Page

Lawsuit Settled (Hollywood Reporter)
Penguin

BODY:
More than 20 years after he left Fleetwood Mac, singer Bob Welch settled a royalties lawsuit against his ex-bandmates, Warner Bros. Records and the group's former lawyer. Welch, who departed the band to pursue a solo career in the early 1970s, agreed Tuesday to undisclosed settlements with Mick Fleetwood and John and Christine McVie as well as the record company and attorney Michael Shapiro. The original complaint, filed in March 1994, didn't specify what Welch sought, and attorneys for both sides said they were barred from discussing terms. But lawyers for both Welch and his former bandmates said they were ''extremely happy'' with the agreement. A lawyer for Warner Bros. said the company was ''pleased'' with it. ''Not only does it represent substantial compensation for what he claims he didn't receive before, it also gives him the opportunity to focus on his career rather than litigation,'' said Anthony Kornarens, Welch's lawyer. Welch contended in the lawsuit that the McVies and Fleetwood negotiated higher royalty rates for themselves over the years without telling Welch, despite deals in the 1970s in which band members agreed to split such money.
Well, 1996 is pretty darn close to 1998. And if I were Mick, John, and Chris, I would still have been pissed. I am not convinced any one of them would have had enough power to say no to Bob's induction. But for Bob to sue them and then expect to be honored on stage with them is a pretty tall order. Mind you, he also talked very poorly of that core trio in the British doc on the band that came out in the mid 90s.

I love most of Bob's music with FM. His time with the band can never be erased. That's a good a legacy as anything else.