View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarboSpeaks! View Post
I've got to run into you one day at a show!!
How far are you from Portland?

Unfortunately, Aimee doesn't tour her Christmas show. She just performs a short series of them in California, along with guest stars.

Did you get a chance to see a show on her tour when she toured with her husband Micheal Penn? It had a vaudeville theme, with each of them featuring their own songs, both together and separately. In between several short sets, they had three comedians come out; each did their own set. It was very fun and unusual. Much like the time Aimee chose to close her show with Lynyrd Skynyrd's song Sweet Home Alabama! I love her songs with Til Tuesday. I wish she would take stock in some of those songs. But she is the kind of person that doesn't look back, and doesn't have much emotional connection to that period (the polar opposite of Stevie!).

I love artists like Aimee, who color outside of the lines, taking chances outside the box. with inspired ideas. I love Fleetwood Mac, but they just aren't that kind of band, given their intense multi-pronged dynamic, along with huge fan base of general fans who just want to hear their familiar, biggest hits. Lindsey proclaims this is a profound time for the band. I guess in some ways it is. But it's also just more redundancy. Let's hope they will get it together and give us a new, full album of songs.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 11-30-2014 at 12:57 AM..