View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003 View Post
Was there as well! 4th row center. Nice little venue. Was also somewhat surprised at the smaller crowd, given it was the only Ohio show, and the potential for drawing people from Cincinnati and Columbus, but living in Columbus, I really did not see any marketing here and would not have known about the show were I not already a rabid fan.

Both LB and CM were super fun and playful with the crowd. Shout out to the group in the front row for egging them on and bringing the fun out of them :-)

Is Christine even playing keyboards? I saw her doing something with the foot pedals during You Make Loving Fun, and she was definitely playing during Game of Pretend. But Brett absolutely played the intro to Hold Me. Is she playing at all, or are her parts just mixed REALLY low?

The drum tracks were annoying too. I'd watch Jimmy playing, and realize at many times the drum parts were were HEARING were not what he was PLAYING (Too Far Gone drum solos, Love is Here to Stay being major examples).

One thing I found interesting seeing Chris that close...on Lindsey-featured songs (I'm So Afraid specifically), when the lighting is down on her, and she's focused on "playing" the keys, the ways she looks to the side, with her hair in her face...my god, it felt to me like I was watching 1982 Christine performing on the Mirage tour or something...it was quite surreal.

Loved the show. The new songs sounded great. In fact, everything sounded much better in person than the YouTube clips I had seen (go figure). Her voice was exceptionally perfect on Wish You Were Here.
Yes very much so. I got that vibe several times during the night as well. Chris has a laid back stage presence, but it's powerful and she draws you in with those little Chris mannerisms.