View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I completely agree with this. I don't object to them playing "Trouble," since it was a hit, but why play such an obscure song as "Shut Us Down"? It also isn't fair to have three Lindsey songs and only one of Christine's in the acoustic set. She basically just stood at her keyboard looking gorgeous during his three songs. I don't think she even played the organ; if she was playing, I couldn't hear it.

"Shut Us Down" should be replaced by either a Christine solo hit, probably "Got a Hold on Me," or a Christine pre-Rumours era FM song, such as "Spare Me a Little." Or even something from 'In the Meantime' -- is "Friend" or "You Are" any more obscure than "Shut Us Down"?

I personally liked having the acoustic set at the start of the show, but it would have worked equally well to have it in the middle of the show.
I think Christine was very much involved in every decision of the final setlist. Lindsey loves playing her songs and I'm sure he suggested a couple of hers. I think Christine is for now comfortable with letting Lindsey lead the show. Maybe that will change with time but let's hope that not to the point of acting like Stevie.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.