View Single Post
Old 12-25-2018, 08:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What bugs me though is Stevie made the comment that someone didn't want to play the pre 75 material yet between 87-97 all the did perform from the pre 75 era was a total of 4 Peter Green songs between 3 tours. If they cared about the previous lineups then why did they ignore Bob Welch, Danny Kirwan, Jeremy Spencer.

I get that casual fans want the hits but in my opinion they could easily switch it up night to night so that some nights you get Gold Dust Woman and Rhiannon and others you get Dreams and Landslide for example. There is no reason why they couldn't do 10 hits and 10-12 deep cuts if the set list was properly sequenced.

I think the reason Stevie doesn't want to record new material has little to nothing to do with Lindsey and his behavior but more to do with the fact that she has no new music to offer and would have likely given some old demos.

Lindsey has been very creative lately and some of his recent music is very good.

If this current lineup does make new music it will only serve as a big f you from SN to Lindsey.

I sat out this tour because I wasn't paying 700 dollars to hear new guys play hits I have heard before as well as cover songs from the new guys.

I know allot of bands play covers but the difference is that artists like Bruce Springsteen, The Rolling Stones etc do play enough deep cuts and or change up the set list that hearing some cover songs isn't a big deal vs FM who rarely changes up the set list on a nightly basis and or play a ton of rare cuts. For them to do cover songs at this point in time when they have more then enough material of their own to play is stupid.