Thread: Prepared Piano
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
This might sound crazy, but I think Christine is doing that on purpose. Chris liked to screw around as much as the others, but she would then feign ignorance to make it look authentically unwitting.
Well, Christine's apology is excessive, when one considers the mildness of the infraction. So, I wouldn't say that she was . . . so sincere about being sorry.

It seems like the prepared piano thing comes up often. I read that she did use it on the Sara recording. Well, the rumor was, it was quite literally, a tack piano. Where she put thumbtacks in the felt hammers.

Anyway, whenever you see prepared piano, they always seem to throw her in. It was in a blurb I posted about a German musician last year: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...0&postcount=33

Quote:
Hauschka has successfully combined the chamber music aspect of prepared piano (see composers Henry Cowell, John Cage, Christian Wolff, Max Richter, Maurice Delage and Arvo Part) with pop, rock and electronic sensibilities. Incredibly, this puts him in league with such diverse artists as easy listening duo Ferrante & Teicher, rockers John Cale of the Velvet Underground, Tom Constanten of the Grateful Dead, Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac, David Bowie, Elton John, the Waitresses, Eddie Van Halen and Tori Amos; electronica's mad scientist Aphex Twin; Ernst Horn of the Darkwave ensemble Deine Lakaien, jazz pianist Brad Mehldau and Terry Adams of NRBQ.