View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
"I'll tell you another little secret that is not known at all except to a few close 'insiders' and me. I met Lindsey once at Chuck's Steak House, (next to the old 'Record Plant' studios) on Melrose in LA after Lindsey had been in the band maybe 6 months, and was in the middle of recording the white album. We had a couple of beers and then he confided in me, "how the hell did you stand it?" he asked me. I knew immediately what he meant...the "emotional atmosphere" created by Mick, John and Chris, all together in the same room could get intolerable at times...

"Any body who EVER was in FM, had to put up with some version of this.

"In the end, Lindsey was actually thinking of leaving FM 6 months after he joined...he didn't know if he could 'take' it...

"...it was not a 'fun group'...."
Fascinating quotes. Thank you.
(His Q&A is so long it's hard to remember it all.)

This quote reminded me of the rehearsal interview for The Dance.
The five of them are sitting/standing together next to some equipment boxes and answering questions. (Stevie is sitting on top of one of the boxes in some sort of lotus position..)
John and Christine are off to one side. When the interviewer turns to the topic of 1992 Clinton performance, and Chris says "(The audience) really got into it. Even "old Prez" got up--oh, sorry.. "Mr. President"." Then she and John lean towards one another and chuckle away like a private joke. Stevie and Lindsey are looking on at them like "Hmm.. ." It made me realize what a divide there was between the US and UK contingent. Utterly different backgrounds (and unlike some expatriates, Chris Mick and John all have their same thick accents, as if they never really adapted.) I can see now that they may indeed be in their own little bubble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGBji-8-3jo&t=686s
From about 7:00