View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 01:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
It's weird that Lindsey and Stevie were holding hands on stage (arm in arm actually) for the Music Cares event while Mick and Christine were speaking. Are they always faking it? Or are they faking that they hate each other? One never knows with them. Could they be faking the hate to add drama?
Remember, no matter how bad it gets between them, Stevie and Lindsey went from playing high school parties in San Francisco to becoming international rock legends together, and a night where they were being honored for their music, which largely documents that journey, had to be an awe inspiring moment that they could only share with each other. I can imagine Lindsey having a moment where he looked at his 17 year old daughter and 19 year old son, looked at Stevie, realized they were roughly that age when they started, looked at the crowd, thought about what the event was for, and got lost in the totality of the moment.

That said, my take on the drama between them is that Stevie (and Mick, for that matter) exaggerates the drama to the point where it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Lindsey played along during the years Christine was gone for the sake of the band. After Christine came back, he quit playing along. He had a collaborator, and Stevie kind of lost her power in the situation as far as he was concerned. I’ll be curious to see what their chemistry is like on the next tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins