Thread: Chicago Show
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 11:03 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
The show was outstanding. They sounded great. No set list changes. I was in the 4th row center. Everyone around me jamming and enjoying themselves. Only the first row was allowed to go up to the metal barricade in front of stage(security gave wristbands) and they were strict about sending non wristband people back to their seats. They started around 9pm and ended at 10:40pm.

They were selling zip up hoodies, t-shirts, vinyl and cd's. They had signed vinyl and cd's but some of them were only signed by Chris or Lindsey, not both. Thankfully I've trained my significant other well and he asked for one of each signed by both. The merch guy said they had 60 more signed CD's in the back but we got the last of the signed vinyl. No bags available but I brought one with me as I'm a firm believer in Murphy's Law. Then we talked somebody into letting him take the stuff back to the car. So far so good.

The opening band was supposed to be the Wallflowers but for some reason it changed to Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors. He walks out and says "hello Chicago" in a not too confident voice and I thought oh dear....
The band was good though. They were well received and he gushed about Lindsey. He said when his manager called to ask him about opening for Lindsey and Chris he thought it was a prank!

I loved Wish You Were Here. All of the new songs kick ass live. Hold Me got a big whoop from the audience and me. Right before the song Chris asks if we'd like to hear something more familiar. I was surprised by that cause people were into the new stuff-at least from my vantage point. It was weird not hearing Stevie but it wasn't too jarring. I didn't see anyone dressed up like Stevie but quite a few FM shirts and a few Lindsey solo shirts. I read about somebody dressed up like Stevie at one of these shows in a thread here--unbelievable! I had so much fun with the new songs. Sheer joy experiencing new live music.

Chris sparkles. She's so much more attractive than that GD album cover. Lindsey is swoon inducing as usual. They smiled at each other often and the whole band looked happy. Part 2 later.
Um, did you have a blue Fleetwood Mac tee on? We were also row D center.